As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to develop, we are doing everything we can to enhance the safety and well-being of our customers and employees. We are also committed to providing safe and reliable service and we do not anticipate any service disruptions at this time.
Clearwater Gas System is closely monitoring the situation with local, state and federal health agencies, as well as monitoring and reinforcing guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Our internal teams are taking a number of precautionary measures to mitigate exposure to the virus and we are regularly communicating with our employees.
We understand that timely and accurate information is important, and we will provide updates on an ongoing basis.
What to Expect from your Natural Gas Service Provide
- Rest assured, your natural gas service will still be there for you.
- We are committed to providing safe and reliable natural gas service to our customers.
- We are making some temporary changes to some of our customer service operations, consistent with guidance from public health officials.
- We will continue to make essential and emergency service appointments, including reports of suspected natural gas leaks, carbon monoxide checks, gas meter turn-ons, natural gas outage and pilot re-lights.
- For now, some appliance check-ups and non-essential service calls - things like inoperative pool heaters, barbecues, and fire pits are being suspended and/or postponed.
- During emergency service visits, Clearwater Gas technicians may ask homeowners to move to another room to maintain a 6-foot distance, per CDC guidelines.
BILL PAYMENT OPTIONS & SERVICES DURING COVID-19
Where and How to Make a Payment
- Our Utility Customer Services Department continues to accept payments at 100 South Myrtle Avenue, Clearwater Florida 33755. There is no convenience fee to pay by mail, walk-in, or drive thru. Additionally, payments can be made:
- Online bill viewing or paying: Create a profile to view your bill, set your account to automatically pay, see consumption usage and setup notifications. Upon activation you will no longer receive paper billing; instead you will receive a monthly notification reminder when your bill is available to view. If you'd prefer to receive a paper bill, you may elect to turn off the paperless option within your profile.
- If you would prefer not to create a user profile, you can make a one-time payment by clicking here to access KUBRA EZ-Pay.
- By phone, to pay by credit, debit card or e-check, call 1-888-978-0798
- What We are Doing to Help Customers
- As a reminder, service disconnections have been suspended until further notice. This means no customer will have their natural gas turned off due to non-payment.
- We are committed to helping customers experiencing hardships, including from COVID-19.
- Customer service representatives continue to be available during routine hours of operation, while our Emergency Dispatch team is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions. If in need of assistance, we encourage customers to call us at 727-562-4900 during routine business hours.
Clearwater Gas is aware that scammers are taking advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic to send phishing emails, texts and social media posts. Please note that Clearwater Gas has suspended service disconnections to customers who have a hard time paying their bills and does NOT call to demand payment. Please be on the lookout for scams asking for personal information or selling phony products and never click on malicious links or attachments. For the most up-to-date facts, visit the Center of Disease Control’s website.
Our Utility Customer Service Lobby at 100 S. Myrtle Avenue will remain open, however unmanned, to the general public. Customers may engage with office staff through the secured window. Appointments and/or acceptable gatherings will be in compliance with CDC recommendations.
We encourage you to stay up to date with accurate information from the following resources: https://www.cdc.gov/ https://www.who.int/ https://www.floridahealth.gov/
Clearwater Gas System is committed to keeping our customers and employees safe during this time of uncertainty.
- Clearwater Gas service has been able to continue providing service to connect customers to gas service, stay on track with necessary operations outages, and complete necessary installation orders.
- Be aware that gas technicians who must enter customers' homes might do so wearing personal protective equipment, such as masks, etc. This is standard practice during this pandemic.
- Gas technicians may be able to meet virtually with customers to help meet their gas service needs.
Other COVID-19 Updates
For other updates concerning the city of Clearwater's COVID-19 response, visit our COVID-19 website.